Ever since Yanfei’s debut in the 1.5 version update of Genshin Impact, many players have added her as part of Zhongli’s banner. If you’ve already done so or are thinking of using her, this guide will help you figure out just the right build to level up your game. Setup right, Yanfei can definitely bring that extra sizzle and excitement Genship Impact fans crave.
Who is Yanfei?
Yanfei is a renowned genius, a law expert who lives in Liyue as a legal advisor. She is a Catalyst Wielder who can deal with massive Pyro damage attacks. She is also a mixed-blood and part-illuminated beast, making her half-god and half-human, like Ganyu. She is also known by the name Smoky Scarlet in Chinese. Yanfei can trigger and cause Elemental reactions due to her Pyro build. Yanfei’s attacks are harsh, well-calculated, and unique. Her attacks are well-known for putting her enemies to instant pain and death.
Yanfei’s stats place her between Lisa and Mona, the other Genshin Impact characters. Her attack power is 20, a level lower than the two five-star characters Klee and Mona. Her defense is 49, considered to be a bit weaker than characters like Lisa and Sucrose. Though her stats do not look great, she can perform well with her shield characters, Diona and Zhongli. You can understand more about her strengths and abilities below.
Best Genshin Impact Yanfei DPS Builds
Yanfei is a Pyro character who relies most on her Charged attacks, which, in turn, improves the range and power quality of Normal attacks. Any of the best Yanfei Builds will maximize her damage power output immediately. You can choose from the best weapons and artifacts given below for creating your best Yanfei Build.
Best Weapons: Solar Pearl
Solar Pearl, believed to be a mythical orb, is a four-star catalyst weapon in the game. You can get it from the BP Bounty offered to you when you upgrade to Genshin Impact’s Battle Pass Level 30.
Solar Pearl’s secondary stats upgrade users’ critical rate by about 6-27%. But Solar Pearl is particularly well-known for its passive abilities. Using Yanfei’s Normal or Charged attacks on her enemies intensifies her Elemental Burst and Skill energy to about 40% for 6 seconds. The same happens when Yanfei uses her Elemental skill or Burst power attacks. Her Charged attacks output increase by 20-40% for the same 6s.
Best Weapons: Skyword Atlas
Also known as the Atlas of Wind, this is a five-star catalyst weapon that you can choose from the gacha system in Genshin Impact. This weapon helps you increase the Elemental damage bonus of Yanfei by 12%. Using Yanfei’s Normal attacks, it will have a 50% chance to earn the approval of the Heavens. Which, in the end, seeks and destroys nearby enemies by dealing a 160% attack damage for about 15s. It can occur only once in every 30s.
Best Artifacts: Crimson Witch of Flames
The Crimson Witch of Flames set is one of the best artifacts for the Yanfei build in Genshin Impact. You can get the set through the Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula. This two-piece reward item set jacks up Yanfei’s Pyro damage by an additional 15%. The four-piece reward upgrades the Vapourize and Melt damage by 15%and Overloaded and Burning damage by 40%. When you use an Elemental skill through Yanfei, her Pyro damage output upgrades by an additional 50% for around ten seconds. It stacks for a max of three times.
Truth be told, the Crimson Witch of Flames set is the only option you can think about for Yanfei with her Pyro DPS background. But you can also try using the Martial Artist set. The Lavawalker Set is also worth recommending for the best DPS Builds for Yanfei.
Yanfei’s abilities in Genshin Impact
Normal attacks: Seal of Approval
- Normal: Yanfei fires fireballs at her enemies that burn up to three blows of Pyro damage. If successful, the attacks award her scarlet seals. Yanfei can hold a max of three scarlet seals, and each time they get triggered, the active power of the scarlet seals refreshes. Scarlet seals weaken the stamina consumption of Yanfei in Genshin Impact.
- Charged: Yanfei strikes her opponents with AoE Pyro damage by utilizing stamina and all the existing scarlet seals. The more scarlet seals consumed, the more exceptional is her charged attack’s reach and strength.
- Plunging: Yanfei dives down mid-air and gives out AoE Pyro damage to all her nearby opponents.
Elemental skill: Signed Edict
Yanfei sends fiery flames to burn her enemies with AoE Pyro damage. If the attacks are successful, it awards her three scarlet seals.
Elemental burst: Done Deal
Yanfei burns her nearby enemies with intense blistering flames, dealing AoE Pyro damage. It grants her three scarlet seals and also gives her the status of Brillance.
The Brillance bonus gifts Yanfei:
- Scarlet seals at regular periods.
- Charged attacks destruction power increases.
Yanfei’s passive talents
- Encyclopedic Expertise: Shows the location of nearby resources of Liyue in the mini-map.
- Proviso: Yanfei consumes scarlet seals when using charged attacks which increase her AoE Pyro damage by 5%. Though, the increase in her AoE damage does not stack.
- Blazing Eye: After hitting her opponents with critical hits, Yanfei gives out an extra AoE Pyro damage hit to her enemies equal to 80% attack. The extra attack gets included in Charged attacks.
- The Law Knows No Kindness: During Charged attacks, each existing scarlet seal decreases her required stamina cost by 10%. At the same time, it boosts her interruption resistance.
- Right of Final Interpretation: Increases Yanfei’s critical rate by 20% when she attacks against opponents who have less than 50% HP.
- Samadhi Fire-Forged: Yanfei’s level of Signed Edict levels upgrades by three, with the max levels being 15.
- Supreme Amnesty: A shield gets created if Yanfei uses Done Deal that absorbs up to 75% of her max HP for about 15 seconds. The shield armor receives 250% AoE Pyro damage in a more efficient manner.
- Abiding Affidavit: Yanfei’s Done deal level upgrades by three levels. The greatest being 15.
- Extra Clause: Yanfei’s max level of scarlet seals increases by one.